ACL Online Privacy Notice
ACL respects your privacy. This notice sets forth the information privacy practices of this website only. We may change this policy from time to time, and we will post those changes on this page. Please check back periodically.
Information We Collect Through This Web Site
Nonpublic Personal Information
“Nonpublic personal information” is information we receive from a consumer, or collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to a consumer. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. We collect nonpublic personal information about consumers from the following sources:
- Information that you provide to us on pre-qualifications, applications or other forms, such as your name, social security number, assets, liabilities and income.
- Information that you otherwise provide to us online, by e-mail, telephone, facsimile, in writing, in-person or by other means.
- Certain specific information that is captured and recorded by us online in connection with the submission of an online pre-qualification form and that is used by us to help confirm the identity of the user, such as the user’s IP address and Internet host name.
- If you enter into a transaction with us, information about your transactions with us, such as your loan balance, payment history, and parties to transactions.
- If we obtain a credit report in connection with a proposed transaction, information we receive from the credit reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
- Use and Disclosure of Nonpublic Personal Information
We collect, use and maintain nonpublic personal information about consumers only to provide financial products and services. We do disclose any nonpublic personal information about consumers except as permitted by law. For example, “permitted by law” includes, without limitation:
- with the consumer’s consent;
- as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request;
- to consumer reporting agencies;
- the securitization or secondary market sale of your financial product (including servicing rights);
- responding to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or government regulatory authority;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer or exchange of all or a portion of a business or operating unit;
- to our service providers.
We require our service providers to enter into an agreement with us that prohibits them from using or disclosing nonpublic personal information other than to carry out the purposes for which we disclosed the information or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you become our customer and later close your account or your account becomes inactive, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice with respect to your nonpublic personal information.
Confidentiality and Security of Information
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees and service providers who have a business need to know that information to provide products and services to you. Our employees are bound by a code of conduct and ethics, and are educated on the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We maintain, and we require our service providers to agree to maintain, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your nonpublic personal information. Please read our security policy to learn more about the secure transmission of information to us by our pre-qualification form.
Links to Other Sites
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice or the privacy of your nonpublic personal information generally, please contact us.